Concerto Competition and Honors Recital
Concerto Competition 2021:
- Who is Eligible: only students attending the full four weeks
- Cost to Audition: $50 – registration and collaborative artist fee (see below)
- Video Submission Deadline (pre-festival): May 15, 2021
- Concertos: Select ONE movement from a concerto found in the public domain. To confirm that a concerto will be approved, please email email@example.com
- First Round: pre-festival
- A high quality video recording, with accompaniment, must be submitted no later than midnight, May 15. Recordings must be made in one take, beginning to end with no splicing.
- Submit recordings to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finalist Selection: by May 23
- After notification, finalists must fill out the online application and pay a $50 registration fee to cover the collaborative artist fee by May 28.
- Piano parts for the collaborative artist must be scanned and emailed to email@example.com by May 28.
- Concerto Finals Concert: Thursday, July 1 in Twichell Auditorium, 8:15pm
- Final Performance with Orchestra: Winners of the Concerto Finals Concert will perform with the Festival Orchestra on the final festival concert on Saturday, July 17
Student Honors Recital 2021:
- Eligibility: any student who is participating for all four weeks of the Festival. (Semi-finalists for the Concerto Competition will not be eligible.)
- Cost: none
- Submission Date: midnight, June 1, EST
- Submission Video: high-quality video recording, with accompaniment (if applicable). Recording must be completed in one take, beginning to end, with no splicing and/or editing
- Piano accompaniment score (if applicable): must be received at the same time as the video recording. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.
- Approved Works:
- solo (accompanied or unaccompanied) works, excluding concerti
- single movement of multi-movement works