Concerto Competition and Honors Recital
Concerto Competition 2021:
- Who is Eligible: only students attending the full four weeks
- Cost to Audition: $50 – registration and collaborative artist fee (see below)
- Video Submission Deadline (pre-festival): May 15, 2021
- Concertos: Select ONE movement from a concerto found in the public domain. To confirm that a concerto will be approved, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- First Round: pre-festival
- A high quality video recording, with accompaniment, must be submitted no later than midnight, May 15. Recordings must be made in one take, beginning to end with no splicing.
- Submit recordings to email@example.com
- Finalist Selection: by May 23
- After notification, finalists must fill out the online application and pay a $50 registration fee to cover the collaborative artist fee by May 28.
- Piano parts for the collaborative artist must be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 28.
- Concerto Finals Concert: Thursday, July 1 in Twichell Auditorium, 8:15pm
- Final Performance with Orchestra: Winners of the Concerto Finals Concert will perform with the Festival Orchestra on the final festival concert on Saturday, July 17
Student Honors Recital:
- Who is Eligible: any student who is recommended by his/her MasterWorks teacher (those who made it to the Semi-Finals of the Concerto Competition are not permitted to audition)
- Cost to Audition: none
- Audition Dates: auditions are held during the second week of the festival
- Approved Works:
- solo (accompanied or unaccompanied) works, excluding concertos
- chamber works
- if work is a multi-movement piece, only one movement should be performed
- Date of Recital: the recital will be held during the third week of the festival