Is your financial situation making you hesitate about whether to come to MasterWorks?
Don’t let it!
We, here at the office, have a few suggestions for you that can make your trip to the MasterWorks Festival more practical than ever–you can afford to come without breaking the bank!
Before we go into details, make sure you APPLY FIRST!!!!
1. Give a benefit recital. This is a really popular way to raise money for all sorts of causes and MWF students love to use this method (and have had successful results).
2. Write Letters/emails. Remember that MasterWorks is like missionary training—you can present it as such!
3. Give a presentation. Talk to your church elders, your parents’ Sunday School class, your congregation, a small group or Bible study.
4. Have a yard sale. Offer to take unwanted items off the hands of your friends and relatives. Instead of pricing everything, save time and put up signs saying “Name Your Price: All Proceeds Toward my MasterWorks Festival Scholarship Fund.”
5. Create a Matching Challenge.
6. Ask for non-cash support. Maybe you have enough money saved up for MasterWorks, but no way to pay for gas to get there. Ask people to donate gas cards, frequent flier miles, or to consider purchasing new strings, music, or your script.
7. Apply for a summer study grant/scholarship from your school, youth orchestra, music club, community foundation or local philanthropic club (like Kiwanis or Optimists).
8. Two-for-One. Partner with your church or other organization that raises money for a good cause.
All of these suggestions with more detail is available in our Starving Artists’ Packet here: https://masterworksfestival.org/the-starving-artist/
The Packet includes everything you need to begin fundraising for your summer at the MasterWorks Festival. Take a look, be creative, work hard–but above all, trust God. He has a plan for you this summer, and money is no object for Him!