Dates: June 21 – July 19, 2020
Tuition Cost for All 4 Weeks: $4,200 (discounted tuition till March 16, 2020)
Tuition Cost for 2 Weeks: $2,100 (discounted tuition till March 16); June 21 – July 5 or July 5 – July 19
The MasterWorks Piano Program is open to serious, motivated students, ages 14 to 26, desiring to develop and refine their musical skills in a positive and encouraging atmosphere.
The Piano Program provides:
- A weekly private lesson from designated piano faculty
- Opportunities for constructive comments and performance analysis through repertoire classes and MasterClasses with faculty and guest artists
- Numerous performance opportunities including chamber music
Performances include student recitals, MasterClasses, repertoire classes, orchestra concerts, worship services, and the MasterWorks Concerto Competition. Prayer and devotional time, as well as festival-wide spiritual activities, foster deep faith and Christian witness. Please refer to the spiritual life section for more information.
Placement auditions are held the first Monday of the festival. Each student should come prepared to perform a work of choice and to sight read a repertoire piece appropriate to his/her level of performance.
Qualified students may be assigned to rehearse and perform chamber music literature based upon their application materials and audition results. Piano students are strongly encouraged to prepare the piano parts to chamber music prior to the start of the MasterWorks Festival. Previously formed chamber groups are also welcome. Please indicate on the application if you plan to participate in a previously formed chamber group. Chamber ensembles receive weekly coaching by members of the instrumental or piano faculty.
Updated October 11, 2019
Applicants must submit:
1) Completed Application and application fee
2) A video recording of highest quality of the following:
Three advanced-level works of contrasting styles from at least 2 different historical periods (Baroque, Classical, Romantic, Contemporary). The repertoire should be memorized. Please contact Chip Hill email@example.com for questions regarding repertoire requirements.
3) Current résumé and/or list of musical experiences including repertoire studied/performed and ensemble experience